Statement Of Faith
1. The Scriptures: We believe the Holy Scriptures to be the plenary, verbally inspired word of God, authoritative, inerrant, preserved, and God breathed. We believe the King James Version is the only Bible to be used by English speaking peoples of today.
(II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21; Matthew 5:18; Psalm 12:6-7)
2. God: We believe in one Triune God, existing in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, eternal in being, identical attributes and perfections.
(Deuteronomy 6:4; II Corinthians 13:14)
3. The Person And Work Of Christ: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man through His precious blood. We believe that He accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice, dying for our sins and the sins of the world.
(John 1:1; 1:14,18; Luke 1:35; Romans 3:24-26; 4:25; I Corinthians 15:3-4)
We believe the third day He arose, bodily, and literally.
(I Corinthians 15:20; Luke 24:39)
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, bodily flesh and bone, ascended into Heaven, exalted at the right hand of God, the Father, and as His people’s High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of intercession and advocacy.
(Hebrews 1:3; 12:2; 3:1; 7:23-25; 9:24; I John 2:1-2)
4. The Personality Of The Holy Spirit: We believe the Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Trinity who convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He also in the present age regenerates believers in Christ, baptizes them into the church, the body of Christ, indwells them permanently, seals them unto the day of redemption, bestows spiritual gifts upon each one.
(II Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 3:16-17; John 16:8; I Corinthians 12:13; 12:11; Ephesians 1:13)
5. Salvation And Security Of The Believer: We believe that salvation is a gift of God in grace (100%) and is received by man through repentance and personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ whose precious blood was shed for the forgiveness of our sins.
(Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 6:23; Titus 3:5; Luke 13:3,5; Matthew 26:28)
We believe that all born again believers are kept secure in Christ in Time and Eternity.
(Romans 8:1; 20-30; 38-39; John 10:27-30; I Peter 1:5)
6. The Church: We believe that the church, the body of Christ, is the local, visible, spiritual organism made up of all born again persons of this church age.
(Ephesians 1:22-23; 5:25-27; I Corinthians 12:12-13)
7. The Ordinances Of The Local Church: We believe that the Lord Jesus instituted the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper to be observed by all believers until His return.
(Matthew 28:19-20; I Corinthians 11:23-26)
8. The Personality Of Satan: We believe in the personality of Satan who is the open declared enemy of
God and man.
(Job 1:6-7; Matthew 4:2-11; Isaiah 14:12)
9. The Eternal State: We believe that the souls of those who have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation do at death immediately pass into His presence and there remain in conscious bliss until the resurrection of the body at His coming for the Church, when soul and body reunited shall be associated with Him forever in glory; but the souls of unbelievers remain after death in conscious misery until the final judgment of the Great White Throne Judgment at the close of the millennium, when soul and body reunited shall be cast into the lake of fire, not to be annihilated, but to be punished with everlasting separation from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power.
(Luke 16:19-26; 23:43; II Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:23; II Thessalonians 1:7-9; Revelation 20:11-15)
10. The Second Coming Of Christ: We believe in the personal imminent, literal coming [Rapture] of the Lord Jesus Christ for His own, the church.
(I Thessalonians 1:7-9; 4:13-18; I Corinthians 15:51-57)
We believe that the great tribulation will be climaxed by the (pre-millennial) visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to the earth to set up His kingdom.
(Zechariah 14:4-11; Matthew 24:5-31; II Thessalonians 1:7-10; Revelation 20:6)
11. The Millennium: We believe in a literal thousand year reign of the Lord Jesus Christ. The kingdom will be the fulfillment to the Davidic covenant.
12. The Great Commission: We believe in the divine mandate that every believing saint should be actively involved in propagating the gospel and discipling the converts as our Lord commanded. This commission is given to each saved individual as well as to the corporate body of local believers.
(Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:46-48; Acts 1:8)